Search the web
Welcome, Guest
[Sign Out, My Account]
EDGAR_Online

Quotes & Info
Enter Symbol(s):
e.g. YHOO, ^DJI
Symbol Lookup | Financial Search
WAG > SEC Filings for WAG > Form 8-K on 15-May-2014All Recent SEC Filings

Show all filings for WALGREEN CO

Form 8-K for WALGREEN CO


15-May-2014

Other Events, Financial Statements and Exhibits


Item 8.01. Other Events.

Walgreen Co. ("Walgreens") has owned a 45% equity interest in Alliance Boots GmbH ("Alliance Boots") since August 2, 2012 and has a call option to acquire the remaining 55% equity interest during the six-month period beginning February 2, 2015. Walgreens accounts for its 45% investment in Alliance Boots using the equity method of accounting on a three-month lag basis.

Alliance Boots' audited consolidated financial statements, comprised of the Group statements of financial position at March 31, 2014 and 2013, and the related Group income statements, Group statements of comprehensive income, Group statements of changes in equity and Group statements of cash flows for each of the years in the three-year period ended March 31, 2014, are attached as Exhibit 99.1 to this Form 8-K and incorporated herein by reference. Such financial statements of Alliance Boots were prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards as issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IFRS) and audited in accordance with auditing standards generally accepted in the United States.



Item 9.01. Financial Statements and Exhibits.

(d) Exhibits. The following exhibits are provided as part of this Form 8-K:

Exhibit Description

23.1 Consent of KPMG LLP

99.1 Alliance Boots GmbH audited consolidated financial statements

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements

Statements in this report that are not historical are forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "expect," "likely," "outlook," "forecast," "would," "could," "should," "can," "will," "project," "intend," "plan," "goal," "target," "continue," "sustain," "synergy," "on track," "believe," "seek," "estimate," "anticipate," "may," "possible," "assume," variations of such words and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause actual results to vary materially from those indicated, including the factors described in Item 1A (Risk Factors) of our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, which is incorporated herein by reference, and in other documents that we file or furnish with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those indicated or anticipated by such forward-looking statements. Accordingly, you are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date they are made. Except to the extent required by law, Walgreens does not undertake, and expressly disclaims, any duty or obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement after the date of this report, whether as a result of new information, future events, changes in assumptions or otherwise.


  Add WAG to Portfolio     Set Alert         Email to a Friend  
Get SEC Filings for Another Symbol: Symbol Lookup
Quotes & Info for WAG - All Recent SEC Filings
Copyright © 2014 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service
SEC Filing data and information provided by EDGAR Online, Inc. (1-800-416-6651). All information provided "as is" for informational purposes only, not intended for trading purposes or advice. Neither Yahoo! nor any of independent providers is liable for any informational errors, incompleteness, or delays, or for any actions taken in reliance on information contained herein. By accessing the Yahoo! site, you agree not to redistribute the information found therein.