Search the web
Welcome, Guest
[Sign Out, My Account]
EDGAR_Online

Quotes & Info
Enter Symbol(s):
e.g. YHOO, ^DJI
Symbol Lookup | Financial Search
TRS > SEC Filings for TRS > Form 8-K on 17-Mar-2014All Recent SEC Filings

Show all filings for TRIMAS CORP

Form 8-K for TRIMAS CORP


17-Mar-2014

Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement, Other Events, Financial Statements and Ex


Item 1.01 Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement.

On March 11, 2014, Rieke-Arminak Corp. ("Rieke-Arminak"), a Delaware corporation and consolidated subsidiary of TriMas Corporation ("TriMas"), completed its purchase of Arminak & Associates, LLC ("Arminak & Associates"), a Delaware limited liability company, for a cash payment of $51 million plus an earnout payment of up to $7 million, based on the future success of the business. TriMas had previously acquired a 70 percent share of Arminak & Associates in February 2012, with purchase and call options to acquire the remaining 30 percent. This transaction represents a full buyout of the remaining 30 percent share of Arminak & Associates in lieu of the original purchase and call options.

Arminak & Associates is a leader in the design, manufacture and supply of foamers, lotion pumps, fine mist sprayers and other packaging solutions for the cosmetic, personal care, beauty aids and household product markets, and is headquartered in Southern California.

Unit Purchase Agreement

Rieke-Arminak entered into a Unit Purchase Agreement dated March 11, 2014 (the "Unit Purchase Agreement") with HRA Holding Corporation, a California corporation ("Seller"), NC Holding, LLC, a California limited liability company ("NC Holding"), Helga Arminak, Armin Arminak, Roger Abadjian and Arminak & Associates, pursuant to which Rieke-Arminak acquired the remaining 30 percent share of the equity in Arminak & Associates from Seller and NC Holding.

The Company funded the cash payment with cash on hand and availability under its existing revolving credit facility.

In addition to the cash payment at closing, Seller and NC Holding may receive an additional earnout payment based upon the future success of the business. The potential earnout payment ranges from $0.7 million to $7 million and would be due in the first quarter of 2016.

The foregoing summary of the Unit Purchase Agreement and the transactions contemplated thereby is qualified in its entirety by the Unit Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit 2.1, which is incorporated by reference herein.



Item 8.01 Other Events.

On March 17, 2014, TriMas issued a press release announcing that Rieke-Arminak, as a consolidated subsidiary of TriMas, acquired the remaining 30 percent equity interest in Arminak & Associates. A copy of the press release is attached hereto as Exhibit 99.1, which is incorporated by reference herein.

The information furnished pursuant to this Item 8.01, including Exhibit 99.1, shall not be deemed "filed" for purposes of Section 18 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the "Exchange Act") or otherwise subject to the liabilities under that Section and shall not be deemed to be incorporated by reference into any filing of TriMas under the Securities Act of 1933 or the Exchange Act.




Item 9.01 Financial Statements and Exhibits.

(d) Exhibits Exhibit Description

2.1*    Unit Purchase Agreement
99.1    Press release dated March 17, 2014


_________________


* TriMas agrees to furnish any omitted schedules and exhibits upon the request of the Securities and Exchange Commission.

  Add TRS to Portfolio     Set Alert         Email to a Friend  
Get SEC Filings for Another Symbol: Symbol Lookup
Quotes & Info for TRS - All Recent SEC Filings
Copyright © 2014 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service
SEC Filing data and information provided by EDGAR Online, Inc. (1-800-416-6651). All information provided "as is" for informational purposes only, not intended for trading purposes or advice. Neither Yahoo! nor any of independent providers is liable for any informational errors, incompleteness, or delays, or for any actions taken in reliance on information contained herein. By accessing the Yahoo! site, you agree not to redistribute the information found therein.